Posted on 7th December 2018 at 14:11
Today we had an aerial system that had been causing problems since its installation , the aerial was installed in an inconvienient place which meant the cusomer woud struggle to use the lofts potential for storage.
Upon removing the aerial and stripping out the feed cable we discovered that the installed had used a cable tacker (staples) but one of the staples had gone wright through the cable causing a short.
The picture below shows the staple causing part of the reception issue.
As you can see below the cabling was rather messy and one of the cables was not terminated at all.
Time for a new aerial installation in a more convienient location!
This time around we installed a non powered signal splitter thatis screwed to the beam and the cables are now also clipped to make them nice and tidy and stop any risk of trips or falls through the ceiling.
The new Televes aerial is installed in the apex of the loft space far out of reach and maximising the usuable space in the attic, this aerial also has a built in 4g filter and much higher gain than the old version, we proffesionally metered this aerial into allignment to make sure the signal was the best it could possibly be.